Tuesday, May 02, 2006

meet samuel uhl :)

I have a lot of catching up to
do here don't I? :) This is Sam as you probably
gathered....:)....and as of Saturday night we're dating! :)
It all started when this guy came up and started telling
me this hilarious story of how he skipped out on the fall play
to chase a cat around campus with his friends.
We were all in the gym watching the UCLA/Florida basketball
game (last March). I knew Sam and his friends a little but
I think this was the first time we really talked. So
anyway, it was a lovely conversation. (he can fill you in
on the fine details of the cat hunt) The next night we all
went to a volley ball game and then ended up in the computer
labs afterwards. I was working on an assignment for computer
class and he kept busy sending me funny (or gross) forwards.
We exchanged im addresses, and the next few nights talked
on im and when we saw each other throughout the days.
It just so happened that there was another play coming up
(Arsenic and Old Lace), and being there aren't any cats left
on campus to chase around, he decided he could suffer going to
the play, but "only if he could sit by me." (so yes, the previous post is
titled "fun weekend" for more than one reason....;;;)) So that's
kinda how it all started. :) The next week was Missions Conference
and so we went to all of the sessions together and got to know
each other better that week. So anyway, this was all a few weeks
ago, then last Saturday he came to the fine arts practice rooms
where I was practicing to tell me that he called my
dad! :D Yay! What a fun way to end my freshman year, huh?!?!
He's from Mayville, Michigan, so thankfully
that's not too far away...I can't wait for you all to meet him!!! :)

4 comments:

Sara Marie said...

THATS GREAT! Laura, thats great that you have found someone! Email me soon!

The Horaks said...

I think you got a good one, Laura! ;)
~Jenn

jules said...

oooo, laura! i'm excited! :) yay for u!

Jess said...

i echo jennifer :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) (those are lots of smiles)
jess :)